DISTRICT SALES MANAGER – MOTORCYCLE/ATV
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The District Sales Manager is the main contact between the dealer network and Suzuki Canada for all sales matters.
This position reports directly to the National Sales Manager of Motorcycle, ATV and Marine. The position works closely with the Dealer network on all sales and marketing issues related to the sales of Suzuki products in the Canadian marketplace. The position has direct interaction with the following departments- marketing, distribution, product planning, accounting and on an as-needed basis to the customer service, parts, service and IT departments.
NATURE & SCOPE
• Manage the dealer activity within a specified territory through daily interaction with Suzuki dealers and dealership personnel.
• Act as a consultant to the dealers to increase dealer commitment to the Suzuki franchise and implement strategies to maximize the retail and wholesale of Suzuki products.
• Advise national staff of ongoing activities, inquiries or problems within the district.
• Inform national management of competitive activities within the district.
• Manage the implementation of SCI sponsored programs within the district to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
• Present front-line representation of corporate goals, policies and procedures to enhance the dealer body, market penetration and brand image of Suzuki.
• Manage multiple assignments in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform all duties in a results-oriented and measurable manner.
• Sales targets both retail and wholesale
• Booking target achievement for all product lines
• Monthly product allocation and reconciliation
• Monthly co-op allocation and reconciliation
• Territory composite analysis
• Market analysis with each dealer
• Product training
• Corporate consumer shows and dealer show attendance
• Weekly itineraries and dealer contact reports to head office
• Dealer development and new dealer set-up
• Making recommendations and presentations to improve the job function and special event programs.
We are seeking candidates who provide the following expertise and competencies:
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND SKILL
• The successful candidate must be a graduate of a business or marketing program from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Minimum 5 years of related work experience within the recreational products industry (motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, and outboard engines).
• Suzuki product knowledge is an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent understanding and use of Microsoft Office required.
• A valid driver’s license is a job requirement and is vital to perform job functions. A motorcycle licence and boater’s pleasure craft operator card are assets.
• Significant amount of overnight travel and weekend work is to be expected.
If you would like more information regardig this position, please contact Human Resources at 705-999-8600 extenstion 2113 at our corporate head office for futher information. Resumes expressing your interest for this position along with a cover letter indicating your qualifications should be submitted by email
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.