White Mountain Harley Davidson
White Mountain Harley-Davidson is seeking a General Merchandise Team Leader!
Are you ready for the best job you’ve ever had? Are you ready to take the next level in your motorcycle industry career?
Come join White Mountain Harley-Davidsons family of fun!
Manage daily operations in GM location/Department. Result’s driven, by way of maintaining an appealing retail environment and ensuring a well-trained team committed to delivering “excellence in customer service”, building lasting customer relationships.
Key Results Areas
- General Merchandise Daily Operations and Labor Controls
- Recruitment, Training and Development of Hourly Employees
- Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Implementations of Promotions & Event set-up
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and Direct Operations of General Merchandise Location
- Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales
- Maintain labor objectives
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Prepares reports for daily business needs or as assigned by Store Manager
- Communicate regularly with the Store Manager/Co-manager regarding
- Product Style Options
- Product Availability
- Recruitment, Training and Development of Employees
- Participates in interviews with Store Manager / Co-manager of eligible candidates
- Ensure General Merchandise personnel are adequately trained to meet daily business needs
- Completes store operational requirements by setting daily assignments for employees; following up on work results.
- Trains store staff by reviewing and studying sales training and product information materials
- Inventory Management
- Manage and process all receipts of incoming inventory, ensuring accuracy
- Maintain assortment representation
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock through floor replenishment to support demand and acceptable inventory turn
- Performs periodic cycle counts
- Participates in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports, etc.)
- Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers and internal customers of the dealerships’
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously
- Point out any current sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers
- Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and offer additional product that compliments the purchase
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy, a positive attitude and demonstrate our shared values and commitment to success to do the right thing at the right time to deliver exception customer service
- Become proficient in current POS System
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor
- Ensure Retail environment for General Merchandise Location/department is well merchandise, displays clean, well dusted and appealing to customers
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Implements all business promotions.
- Other Duties
- As Assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities – Team Leaders and Associates
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with respect.
- Demonstrate superior customer service behavior for all personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customer, suppliers, sub-contractors, employees and General manager and owner(s)
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism in providing customer service.
- Present an up-beat, friendly, outgoing personality to customers; no matter what the situation
- Use integrity in all business dealings
- Safety- Ride Safe and create a safe work environment
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Harley Davidson General Merchandise or other product sold by dealership, or demonstrate the ability to quickly learn
- Friendly, outgoing personality; must demonstrate ability to get along with broad customer base.
- Schooling or experience in retail sales, food and beverage or hospitality.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Must have the ability to stand and work the sales floor for extended periods during scheduled shift
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lb. of merchandise.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.