Freedom Harley-Davidson of Ottawa
Freedom Harley-Davidson® of Ottawa is looking for a Service Writer.
Looking to start a new high energy exciting career? Freedom Harley-Davidson is looking for highly skilled individuals, with strong skills in customer service. We inspire and fulfill dreams through Harley-Davidson motorcycling experiences and YOU CAN BE A PART OF IT!
Service Department Operations and responsibilities :
- Perform a visual walk-around inspection to diagnose customer concerns accurately and clearly describe them on a repair order. Obtain customer signature, the permission to complete repairs.
- Schedule all internal and external Repair Orders following established procedures.
- Promptly input Repair Orders into DEALER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, ensuring customer name, telephone number, and address are accurate.
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the Repair Order. Listen to the customer and don’t assume anything.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to Technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on Repair Orders and assist the Parts Department with picking and posting of parts on all Repair Orders.
- Review Repair Orders for the sales department to determine if all parts and accessories are available for the scheduled workday.
- Assist in preparation of Warranty Claims, Recalls for submission to Harley-Davidson Motor Company as well as Extended Warranty Companies.
- Check all customer motorcycles for pending Warranty recalls.
- Perform cashier functions, as required.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal Repair Orders.
- Become familiar and efficient with the computer system(s) for the Service Consultant position.
- Responsible for following Harley-Davidson Motor Company Warranty Certification guidelines.
- Attend monthly service meetings.
- Read, understand and follow all safety requirements when using tools and chemicals and performing work in the shop.
To be qualified for this great opportunity you will need:
- Ability to work under pressure
- To be able to work effectively on a team
- 2+ years of experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
- Ability and enjoyment in communicating with customers
- Familiarity with Windows based computer software
- Passion for the Harley-Davidson brand
- Experience with the service of Harley-Davidson motorcycles preferred but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: According to the experience. To be discussed
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.