Red Seal Motorcycle Mechanic
Do you love motorcycles & ATVs? So do we! Come share your passion for powersports with us. We are looking for a customer-oriented and professional technician to add to our team!
Here’s what we have to offer:
- · We offer employee discounts on labour, parts & accessories;
- · After working with us for a year, full-time/permanent employees will be added to our group medical plan, and the company will foot the bill. On top of that, we offer an RRSP matching program, which is pretty cool;
- · Opportunities arise for staff to take part in exciting industry and community events;
- · Fair compensation, with a base hourly wage + bonus.
Here’s what we need from you:
- · A passion for motorcycles/ATVs/power equipment and/or a background in the industry;
- · The ability to keep your cool, stay organized & keep it professional even when things get busy;
- · A little bit of tech-savvy. Nothing major, just the know-how to navigate websites, parts directories, and online service manuals;
- · Good judgement and basic people skills. This role isn’t a customer service position, but you still have to work with other humans. Being a team player is essential;
- · Self-motivation. Sometimes you won’t have a lineup of jobs in front of you. You’ll need to effectively use your down time to sharpen your knowledge and help keep the Service Department tidy and organized.
- · Complete preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters;
- · Accurately diagnose and address customer concerns; conduct inspections; repair failures; repair mechanical and electrical system malfunctions; replace parts and components as required;
- · Assemble new motorcycles, ATVs and other equipment;
- · Install accessories such as luggage, performance exhaust systems, heated grips or aftermarket mirrors/lights/etc. as required;
- · Verify vehicle & equipment serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems as required;
- · Maintain vehicle & equipment appearance by washing or cleaning as required;
- · Assist with moving motorcycles and other equipment as needed;
- · Maintain a clean work space/bay.
· Must be available to work some Saturdays. If it helps, Saturday is pizza day!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- drivers licence with motorcycle endorsement (required)
- Red Seal endorsement (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.